Sunday, March 30, 2008

Not Ready

I'm not ready for a 50 miler yet. In two weeks, I'll be running the marathon only. I believe in a two week taper, so yesterday was my last big run. It was the first time I went up the mountain twice. 5 hours to cover 21 miles (9000 feet of elevation gain). I'm hoping to break 6 hours on race day, but I kind of doubt that will happen. All of that up and down seriously kills me. Particularly the down. I will be bringing a camera on race day. The mountain is perfect. I caught my breath more than once yesterday with the sun beginning to set, the dark green hills, and more flowers than you can imagine. I don't have the words. It was amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics. Backwards attraction can assist with the words... maybe take a stroll on the trail on these days!

I hope you take care of those knees on the down.