Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Sweat Pants

Who knew that six weeks of not running wouldn't be enough to heal my broken knees? I thought six weeks would have been plenty. I ran twice this past weekend. Two miles each time. Once by myself and once with Liz and Zane. Each time, about a 1/2 mile into it, my knees started aching. My right knee especially bothered me. The stabbing wasn't as strong as it was going up Heartbreak Hill, but it was definitely uncomfortable. Surprisingly, after about two miles, when I was about to finish up, the stabbing turned into a dull ache. I'm not sure what this means. Are my knees sore because of non-use? Can I run through this? I don't really know. I'm going to run every other day this week for two to three miles each and see how it goes. I need to do this, as even my fat pants are getting too tight. I might need to start wearing sweat pants to work. Sweet elastic.

No comments: