Thursday, January 31, 2013

Side Effects

Some interesting side effects:

- I can only really taste sweets right now.  Salty and savory are beyond me (temporarily).  I can get spicy, but only on the side of my tongue and it's just the heat, not the flavor.  Chipotle, which I love, was tasteless mush.  Good thing it's temporary.

- Man-o-pause: Hot flashes and night sweats (standing and just dripping).  Very treatable and in fact, I'm looking forward to it.

- It's amazing how much your mood and overall feeling of comfort is dependent on the pituitary.  Spatial awareness, balance, nausea, etc.  All the hormones that the balance these out for us are managed by this little pea sized gland.

1 comment:

It's Not Your Fault! said...

Man - o - pause; that was funny. It is incredible how the smallest things have such a great impact.

I think it is torture not to be able to taste the things you love the most...

What about tart items... bitter if you will?