Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Impediments

New York never ceases to surprise me. Actually, let me take that back. The surprises have ceased being surprises. One fine summer afternoon I walked outside and wasn't surprised at being surprised to see this.

My first thought was, "How am I going to make it across the street to Mr. Softie for my afternoon butterscotch sundae with these cowgirls and horses (the Calgary Stampeders) blocking the sidewalk?" Once I discover my path, it is only then that I say to myself, "You know, 25 cowgirls in frayed chaps and bright red boots riding horses up Wall Street doesn't happen every day. Maybe I should take a picture and call my brother-in-law, who hails from Calgary, and tell him that Alberta has finally made the big time."

1 comment:

Peter said...

Maybe Canada is preparing an invasion!