Friday, April 22, 2005

My Sincerest Apologies


To those that are revolted, please leave now. To those that are revolted, but are a little fascinated and unable to click away, stay a while and let me tell you what happens to a runner's toes.

What you see here are the toes on my right foot. For some odd reason, my right foot is slightly longer than my left foot. Genetics strikes again. This makes it a little tough when buying running shoes. I need enough room in my toe box on my right foot, but not so much room that the same size shoe on my left foot causes my heel to slip. Heel slippage bothers me much more than my toes being slightly uncomfortable and this is the result.

I've tried everything. I've worn two socks. I've used handfuls of vaseline. Thin socks, thick socks, socks without seams, etc. Nothing works. Any run over 16 miles and this is the result. Blisters on top of blisters on top of blisters. I once popped four blisters, each under the other. The beauty on my second toe from the right was actually underneath my toenail. That felt good yesterday. Sorry about the oozing. I just thought it looked cool.

I have a feeling I'm going to lose that toenail. It was pointing at a 45 degree angle up from my toe. Ah, running.

Oh, if you're thinking that my second and third toes from the left actually look like one toe that was split in half or my pinkie toe looks like a torpedo, I know, I'm a freak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your feet, baby. I take pride that our son has your feet.

The Bride

Anonymous said...

your baby toe does look like a torpedo. my feet get blisters all the time. my right foot is bigger then the left. crazy how we are the same in that area.


LOVE BEKA!!!!!!!!!!