Friday, April 01, 2005

Toxicity

Get this smell out of my nose. Now please.

I went for a swim this morning. I finally gave in and accepted that I'm running a marathon and I can't totally veg out even if I can't run. I swam a mile. 800 warm up and then eight 100 repeats. It felt good. The lanes were a little narrow, so it made passing people a little difficult, but once people realized that I swim like a fish, they would just get out of my way, which was courteous and appreciated. No 2mph treadmill walkers at this gym. And no, I refuse to wear a speedo. I figured out long ago that that is just too much Mike for the public to handle.

My body feels nice and tight, as it always does after a good swim. I haven't swam in about seven months and I forgot how good swimming makes me feel overall. I should incorporate it more into my marathon training. I probably won't though. Being the hardcore runner and all.

However, what I can't stand is this chlorine pool smell stuck in my nose. I sure hope I don't smell like this. It's a revolting smell. Make it go away. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So forcing you to take swim lessons and join a city swim team finally payed off! (By the way, is it possible that your body is more built for swimming than long distance running?) Love, Mom

P.S. Bet you didn't know I knew how to use HTML tags, did you?