Thursday, April 28, 2005

Not to 160

Yes, in my effort to completely stuff my face, I've broken the 160 pound barrier. I haven't seen 160 for almost eighteen months. Good thing I'm not going to the beach any time soon. Four more glorious days of BBQ, sweets, and soda before I start working out again. Even though I'll barely get to know 160, it is nice to see an old friend. I even had to break out my fat pants.

As I'm sure you're all wondering about my knee, let me tell you, it feels great. Next Monday will be the test. I'm going to run a leisurely two to three miles and see how it goes. The plan for the next month or so is to run three or four times a week, with a total weekly mileage in the ten to fifteen mile range. I'm coming back slow. After a month of no pain, I'll up my mileage weekly following the 10% rule. If I'm drawn in the NYC Marathon lottery, I'll be right on schedule and will hit 35 miles a week right when I need to start my 16 week training program in the middle of July.

You'll note that I don't have a plan B.

No comments: