Thursday, March 10, 2005

Bally's@Yonkers

Ok, maybe I have a bad attitude. Maybe I'm an elitist marathoning snob. Maybe I think that because I pay Crunch membership dues on top of my Bally's dues that I have rights that the Bally's only crowd doesn't have. Maybe, but probably not. More likely it is the location of the Bally's closest to my home, the hour of the day, and the poor management of the facility. Whatever it is, it just isn't working. Thankfully I only go to that gym about once a month. I feel sorry for Liz who goes to that gym much more frequently.

It just irritates me to no end that there aren't enough treadmills, that there is a 30 minute limit, and a sign-up sheet that people seem to sign the day before. To top it off, there isn't a single person running on any of the treadmills. They are walking. At an average of about 2.3mph. Here, I want to get in a brisk 7 mile tempo run and I'm waiting on people that do 1 mile a day, three times a week. I mean, what is even the point? You could burn those three miles worth of calories going to the grocery store or Costco. Don't take up precious real estate that isn't going to do you a lick of good.

No comments: