Thursday, March 24, 2005

Sweets

It appears that my training for the next 3 1/2 weeks will consist of a week of running followed by a week of rest and so on. My hamstrings and both ITBs are flaring up. No speed records will be broken for me April 18th. I'll be spending a lot of time nursing my wounds. Fudgsicles and cherry chocolate chunk ice cream with chocolate sauce should do the trick.

I received my bib number for Boston yesterday. I'm 4027 and will be in the 4th corral, an enviable starting position if I was racing. As it is, I'll just try not to get in anyone's way. I've never run in a race with more than 5000 people, so a race with 20,000 should be quite the experience. As the date draws closer, I'll post a link where you can track me online as I race. I predict starting out in the low 7s, miles 10 through 20 being in the 8s, and back to the mid 7s to finish off the race. Around a 3:25 finish time. I wish it could have been different, but my body just wouldn't cooperate. I'm going to need to look at my training, maybe get a coach to make sure this doesn't happen again.

No comments: