Thursday, October 23, 2008

Prop 8 (CA) and Prop 102 (AZ)

Andrew is dead wrong.

The LDS Church supports these constitutional amendments to define marriage as being between a man and a woman because it believes that marriage is not just a word. Marriage is an eternal principle. A principle which modern day prophets have revealed to be strictly between a man and a woman (see The Family: A Proclamation to the World). In our view (and I know there are alternative views - I used to have one of them), defining it as anything else would be mocking God. And that is not something we(I) are prepared to do.

1 comment:

Bubba the Hutt said...

I actually liked the article, because although I knew the church supported Prop 8 and 102, I didn't know that Mormon families have donated 77% of the $22.88 million donated for Prop 8 in CA.

He said that Mormons are doing this to prove their anti-gay mettle (which isn't why we're doing it), which he intended as a rip, but it really just puts a nice little spotlight on things for us.

Thanks for the props Andrew.